Thursday, December 24, 2015

Christmas Eve

Merry Christmas!  I spend last night and a good portion of the morning prepping food for tonight and tomorrow.  I have prepped 6 pounds of Sonoma 4H pork, 8 pounds of Sonoma 4H bacon, and as I type I have a 10 pound Sonoma 4H ham in the oven.  The cast iron skillet I used for both the bacon and the sausage is well over 100 years old.  It survived the pioneer prairie trip west and has been used over countless open fires and wood burning stoves.  I wish it could talk.  It kind of does.  This skillet is so well seasoned that it's much superior to any teflon surface.  The surface is like a smooth ice skating rink that has just had a pass by the Zamboni machine.

Here she be in her "I just cooked 14 pounds of pork" and need to rest look:
Now, completely switching gears I've been practicing my 'watch me whip/nae nae' dance moves for awhile now.  If you want to see your kids and their friends do a full face palm with head shake, try dancing to this.  It will get you an OMG, MAAAAAAAAWWWWM!!!!  REALLY?  However, I'm NOT the mom who refuses to dance.  LOL

You should see me Whip and NaeNae.  Yeah, I'm not bad for over 40. 



No comments: