Saturday, July 19, 2014

I *HATE* cilantro


I hate cilantro.  Unfortunately, everybody in California likes to use it in everything from iced drinks to salad dressings, garnishes, pizza toppings, ice cream, and you name it.  Californians use it more freely than salt and pepper. 

Please stop.  Why?  Because cilantro tastes like SOAP!  PLEASE STOP PUTTING CILANTRO ON EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have the genetic disposition where cilantro tastes like SOAP.  Yes, we usually have white, Celtic ethnic backgrounds that are generally  traced to Ireland, Scotland, and the British Isles.  Granted, I've been mixed with Germanic tribes, native American tribes, and God knows only what else since my family's appearance on the North American continent some 300 years ago.....

The anti-cilantro gene is screaming loudly and clearly.

For those of you who think that cilantro is a tasty green that everybody loves and should be used on anything and everything I have something for you to think about.  How would *you* like it if I drizzled dish soap on all of your food while gushing on how wonderful it tastes?  



No comments: