Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Your Turn

I guess it's a sign of advancing years, but no matter where I look everything seems to be run by KIDS.  Bank tellers = kids.  Firemen =  kids.  Policemen = kids.  Politicians = kids.

It's the last one that is *really* getting to me.  For whatever reason, I have a hard time with policy makers with limited life experience.  Let's be real.  Nobody really has a clue until you turn 45 no matter how mature you think you are.  I can hear you 40-year-olds protesting.  Stop crying and whining like the babies you still are.  You really are still wet behind the ears.  You'll know what I mean in just a few more years.

I suppose each and every generation thinks they have all the answers.  The old regime is dismissed as tried and tired.  However, there are just as many problems today (if not more) than yesterday.  Nobody has yet to figure out how to stop:  greed, corruption, lies, wars, selfishness, murder, violence, racism, sexism, etc.

The moral of the story is to listen to those who have more life experience than yourself.  It does not mean you have to agree with them, but just listen.   I dare you to attempt to understand somebody older who has the opposite viewpoint of yourself. 





No comments: