Monday, May 26, 2014

The Club Scene

Once upon a time, back in the 1980's, Quiet Rage LOVED to go out at night dancing.  My on-again-off-again boyfriend could not be bothered with taking me out (long story that ultimately led to me dumping him), so I went out with my gal pals hitting the clubs. 

My friends wondered why I stayed with Boyfriend and I knew all them secretly wished I would rid myself of him permanently.  They had my best interest at heart, but I thought I loved Boyfriend.  I would finally get to a place of acceptance after one of our many break-ups that the relationship was over and Boyfriend would show up on my doorstep wanting to rekindle things.  He would reconcile with me to borrow money, my car, and for me to pay his bills.  When he got himself back on his feet he would break up with me (again) to date other girls. 

This yo-yo cycle went on for a long time.  I finally figured out I was being used and broke it off.  Boyfriend then began to get creepy.  His meal ticket (me) walked and he was FURIOUS.  He did not want me, but did not want me to go out with other guys.  I thought we could be cordial and remain "friends."  Nope.  It went to the level of physical abuse, stalking, and other creepy things that make my skin crawl to this day. 

Anyway, when I finally got the courage to cease communication with Boyfriend, my bestie from home, SSP, took me for a girls night out of dancing to help me forget about him.  At the time I thought I would never meet anybody else.  SSP knew better and helped me along with this tune that still makes me smile to this day...and yes, we danced like black chicks even back then;)

No comments: