Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Political Pollsters

Smell that?  It's the stench of politics in another round of elections here in Sonoma County.  I will not digress into the flaws and idiotic ideals each party holds.  I refuse to discuss politics with strangers or acquaintances.  It's intimate discussion strictly reserved for those in my intimate circle.  That does NOT include political pollsters.

My son is deployed overseas.  When he does get the opportunity to phone home, it's from a strange string of numbers or "unavailable" that pops up on my caller ID.  I usually ignore phone numbers I don't recognize.  However, I now answer the "caller unknown" because it may be my son.

Imagine the disappointment of waiting to hear the sound of your beloved son's voice only to get a robo-call or pollster wanting to know the color underwear you wish the candidates wore.  

My, my, my.....  the pollsters know no shame.  They phone on Sunday evenings, at dinner, or interrupt a meaningful conversation you're having with your teen.  Not only do they intrude on your personal time while you're happily minding your own business, they then have the audacity to ask such personal questions about your political beliefs.

Social lesson for idiots and for those seeking election:  It's extremely rude to cold call strangers and try to solicit them.  You want their vote for a particular person or ballot measure, so you *ARE* a solicitor.  I have never met you, so you *ARE* a stranger regardless of how many times I may have seen your picture in the media.  It's bad enough you are calling people and interrupting their personal space, but you then ask questions that are off limits to even spouses.  

My time is valuable.  Stop calling.  Stop asking for my opinion.  You'll get the results on election day.  Besides, you only want opinions to programme your "robot" you propped up for office. 




No comments: