Sunday, May 18, 2014

Party Season

It's that magical time of the year where weddings, graduations, confirmations, proms, etc., proliferate everybody's social calendar. Needless to say, I think people should take a course in basic manners prior to accepting an invitation.  The rude behavior I'm about to describe was demonstrated by somebody who thought themselves "worldly, educated, and an accomplished artist." 

They are always the worst and behave badly. 

For starters, upon arrival to the party I met up with some other guests in the parking area I've known for a long time.  We all entered together.  BadlyBehavingArtistWoman was also a guest at the party and was already there.  I have never met ArtistWoman before, and Hostess wanted to make introductions.  ArtistWoman said to Hostess, "Oh, you needn't bother with introductions until the party attendees reach critical mass."

WTF?  Just who in the hell does this bee-atch think she is, anyway?  Whatever.  Strike one. 

Strike two came when ArtistWoman used a personal party to display her work.  No, this is *not* a gallery showing, and I really don't care to hear your personal story behind finding a rock in the African dessert that is now mounted on top of Hawaiian lava that you think is art we all should find deep and meaningful. 

Strike three came when ArtistWoman was harassing the caterers and the bartender about her aversion to salt and asked for obnoxious accommodations.  ArtistWoman was flabbergasted and rude when her demands for "salt free" were met with shrugged shoulders.  I do have to give the bartender credit.  He was getting sick of her prima donna routine and gave her plain water and said, "There.  No salt in that."

If ArtistWoman is on that strict of a diet, she should have brought her own food/drink and apologized in advance to the hostess about dietary restrictions as she would never dream of asking for a personal chef and menu at a party for 100. 

I was so close to saying something snappy to ArtistWoman, but I refrained because I was also a guest and guests are not to cause angst nor problems -- even if that bitch deserved to get smacked and I would have received a standing ovation.  My hand is still numb from sitting on it so I would not reach out and hit her.  I'm also refraining from tagging her name to this post lest it gets back to Hostess.  Again, fingers twiching.......I'm soooooooo tempted. 


No comments: