Tuesday, December 31, 2013

New Year's Eve

My friend's sister is hosting a New Year's party tonight.  It's been decades since I've actually been out on New Year's Eve.  The last time I went out was 1990.  Pathetic.  No, I take that back.  Five years ago I spent New Year's Eve with my brother in rural Minnesota.  We played cards at his house as the weather was so nasty and cold that even walking to the bar was out of the question. 

I'm usually home on New Year's.  I usually had a house full of kids as I would rather have them safely at my house, despite the fact that they trash my kitchen making home made pizzas, than somewhere out on the roads.

This year is a little different.  I'm cutting the cord.  While there will still be kids/young adults at my house I'm not putting out the pizza-food-entertainment as I did in years past making my own dough, chopping vegetables for toppings, making my own sauce, etc.  They are picking up take-and-bake pizza.  Whew.  It's a lot of work just after hosting Christmas Eve, Christmas morning, and hosting in-laws/family in general for the past month that I'd rather NOT do tonight....and I love cooking...just taking a break from it.

My dancing dress is coming out of the closet along with my shoes!


No comments: