Thursday, December 26, 2013

Haunted House: San Mateo

Ooops.  I did it again.  My psychic abilities hit me at the most unexpected places and at the most unexpected times.  I really wish I could control it and explain it.  I can't. 

Today was the anti-Christmas climax.  Personally, I LOVE the ability to exhale as it is now over for another year.  Anyway, today I needed to drive my son to the airport.  My son's friend needed a ride to his home in San Mateo.  I guess things have not really changed that much.  I'm still the Mom Taxi to some extent despite the fact that my son is now in his mid 20's. 

It's a drive from Sonoma County to San Mateo.  When I got to the home of my son's friend, I apologized profusely but told him I needed to use the bathroom.  I had never been to that particular neighborhood in San Mateo before.  It was really understated-cool.  The house was like something right out of Mad Men with the whole mid-century vibe.  Well, what would you expect from a bunch of computer techies guys -- they are the cool nerds. 

I walked down the hallway and began to sense something.  I felt like somebody was watching me.  I went into the bathroom and closed the door to do my business.  While I was sitting there I was overwhelmed with the sense that there was a woman in the bathroom with me and she had a very strong attachment to the house.  Weird.  That's the LAST thing I expected to sense as I was washing my hands after a routine function.  I was in the house for less than five minutes total. 

When my son and I got back in the car, I asked him the history of his friend's house.  I said flatly that I thought it was haunted by a woman. 

Dead silence. 

I then learned that it was believed to be haunted by a woman as the other house mates have had unexplained experiences that matched what I had experienced, but it more detail. 

No comments: