Monday, December 14, 2009

The Useless Things People Bitch About: Senator Eshoo

Granted, this blog is used for bitching about a lot of useless things. However, you are not forced to read it; nor, are you being charged for it unlike a newspaper or magazine. If you stumbled upon this blog, you must be *really* bored. It's your fault. You searched and looked for it. At least you're not out any money for reading my useless rants that bitch about nothing.

However, bitching about useless things is not something I want to read about in my daily, local newspaper (which I actually pay money for). The following story is for real -- no shit.

There is a senator from California (sadly, the state where I reside -- actually some of us Californians really do have active brain cells) named Anna Eshoo who is taking up an active campaign on the uber pressing issue of:

CAN YOU GUESS??? IS YOUR CURIOSITY GETTING TO YOU? CAN YOU GUESS WHICH TOPIC SHE IS TAKING TO THE MAT FOR US BEATEN, DOWN-TRODDEN, HARD WORKING, CITIZENS?

IS IT THE WAR IN THE MIDDLE EAST?

HEALTH CARE????

IS IT GLOBAL WARMING? OR LACK THEREOF?

WORLD PEACE???

IS IT OVER POPULATION?

THE SUCKY ECONOMY?

PEOPLE LOSING THEIR JOBS AND HOMES?

Nooooooooooo...... this lame senator is taking on the issue of

(drum roll and trumpets, please)

TELEVISION COMMERCIAL VOLUMES!!!!

omfg!!!!!!!!! I did not know what I was going to do until Savior Senator Eshoo came along to champion the too-loud-tv-commercials cause. I thought I would not be able to survive another day, another minute, another SECOND until Savior Senator Eshoo quieted down those annoying late-night television commercials!

If I just had to reach for the remote to push the 'mute' button just ONE MORE TIME, I SWEAR there would be a carpral-tunnel disability lawsuit for somebody. I'm sure there would be a loud, obnoxious television commercial to help me find a lawyer specializing in such.....

Thank GOD this Senator has PRIORITIES!!! Here is her quote in the Santa Rosa Press Democrat.

"I just get totally ticked off every time a television commercial comes on at night."

This is what's keeping you up at night, Senator Eshoo? Sorry, but there is no sympathy from us democrats who actually have real problems.......

I think I hear Sarah Palin calling you for a playdate......

No comments: