Sunday, December 20, 2009

Hosting Parties and Holidays

You'd think that people couldn't stand to be around me given my bitchiness. Friends and relatives are calling inquiring about parties that I had no idea I was hosting coming up in the next few weeks.

I guess little has changed since high school. My house was ALWAYS the party house. Granted, there is now wine instead of beer kegs, and nobody is throwing up on mom's rose bushes. There were many nights I had NO idea who was in my house.

Kids + beer kegs + parents away = massive party.

Strangely enough, nobody was destructive or violent -- not even the tough-guy jocks liquered up with raging testosterone levels.

(Sorry, mom and dad. We sure as shit had fun. What in the hell were you thinking leaving me alone in charge as a teen, anyway? Good GAWD, did you have any CLUE what we were up to?)

I guess the kicker now is Christmas morning. I am getting friends and relatives giving me RSVP's that I did not even invite. How in the ^%$#* did I end up with 25+ people coming to my house Christmas morning for breakfast???

1 comment:

CG said...

oops, I am so sorry, we just couldn't resist coming along! We promise to be good and help with the dishes...I wish!!