Sunday, December 13, 2009

The Best Christmas Party Ever

Yup, I've been to lots and lots of company parties. For the most part, I would rather get a root canal than attend yet another corporate holiday function. Thankfully, the volume of holiday parties has decreased due to the crappy economy. I'm certainly not shedding any tears.

I don't get the Christmas party thing to begin with.... Oh, excuse me... We can't call it a Christmas Party anymore because of some whiny minority who can't come to terms on who actually founded our country and political system they are benefiting from. Go back to where you came from. We won't miss you. Believe me.

Anyway........

What makes employers think for a minute that we want to spend what prescious, little free time we have with people we're stuck with for most of our waking hours? It's enough that we have to tolerate our co-workers' irritating habits and annoying personalities Monday - Friday. Come Saturday I want any residual thoughts of these people wiped out of my consciousness until I'm forced to deal with them again come Monday morning.

Employers think the holiday party creates bonding. Humph. The only bonding I want to see is Jack's ass strapped to the next NASA launch into outer space.

However, there is one Christmas party that is actually fun. Showing up in anything other than jeans is a no-no. There are people of ALL ages from 0-80. There is something to do for them all. Families welcome. No stuffy sit-down dinner. It's all buffet style. There are games, music, crafts, and you name it. Kids are running around, and nobody is yelling at them -- there is no need to. The informality of it makes it exceeding popular. Employers take note.

1 comment:

CG said...

That sounds a great party!