Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas Rant Part II

Today headlines are given to some bored, brain-damaged, Vietnam vet who is offended by "angels" and "stars" on a tree in a government office. WTF???? Doesn't he have REAL problems???? I guess not.

I wish "Charlie" in Vietnam would have found him and KILLED him on site.

I'm all for diversity and stuff like that, but you have to be totally REACHING to be offended by something as innocent as angles and stars on a fir tree. Personally, I have trouble finding fault with anything that wishes humanity something good -- even if it's not delivered via my particular, personal belief. The overall intent is to wish something good to mankind.

OMFG!!!! Let's TWIST this to be something OFFENSIVE and get HEADLINES for being a total ASSHOLE.

I'm not offended by my kids participating in Passover and Hannaukah rituals, or Kwanzaa rituals, Pagen rituals, or whatever else (which they have -- even WITHOUT my direct permission, I might add. It all builds tolerence).

Have I bitched and complained???? No. In fact, I feel quietly honored that my kids have been invited to participate in rituals that we don't practice ourselves. I think it's great.

As long as the message is positive for mankind and spreads peace, I'm all for it. I don't care about pigeonholing the religious origin. It doesn't matter. Peace, love and goodwill are universal. What's not to love????

Get over yourselves, you anti-angel-and-stars-on-a-fir-tree-jackasses, and let nature sing.

No comments: