Saturday, December 5, 2009

The Scammers

My job affords me the opportunity to meet many, many types of people in the business world. Most of them are business owners, but some are other various types of professionals. There is one type of business owner who should be avoided at all costs: The Scammer.

There is one in particular I deal with who in the beginning I gave the benefit of the doubt. I had heard that The Scammer and his wife were subject to questionable business ethics. Being the type of person I am, I always want to give people an opportunity before passing judgment with what may be idle gossip.

Time tells all, and in this case it certainly did.

The Scammer and his wife are pros at dodging the IRS and bankruptcy laws. They scam workers' compensation money and whatever else they can suck from unsuspecting people.

As an example, the Scammers sold their company but were to remain on as employees by the new owners. Right after the completion of the sale, the Scammer's wife immediately claims she injured her back lifting file boxes out of storage and put in a huge workers' compensation claim.

Funny, but the Scammers wife had no trouble getting drunk and dancing on table tops at a party. I guess her back didn't hurt her then.

That is just one example. I could go on and on. I dread being with these people. They make me sick.

No comments: