Friday, October 9, 2009

Unsolved Genetic Mysteries

Way back when I was in elementary school the question was asked of me, "What are you... are you Italian or Native American or half breed or what?"

See, in Minnesota, which is the land of the lily white northern Europeans of fair hair, blond hair, and blue eyes my dark hair, high cheek bones, and olive skin tone was just *barely* unusual enough to draw mild questioning. Put me in the sun for five minutes and I turn instantly brown.

On one occasion I was asked if I was part Asian. Well, maybe part Eskimo would be more like it? I don't know. I guess my family being on the North American continent for over 300 years tosses just about any genetic probability into the mix.

Anyway.... there is something "dark" in the family genetics and I have yet to figure out what that might be. I have my guesses......

1 comment:

CG said...

Whatever you are you're BEAUTIFUL :)