Sunday, October 18, 2009

Still Waiting to be Home Alone

I have been ranting about this topic since I've started this blog. I never have the luxury of being home alone. Oh excuse me, I did have 12 minutes last week.

I wish my husband would take the kids and leave for a weekend. I have been dropping hints since the dawn of time. He never leaves. The kids never leave. They are always here. Then the relatives are always here. I can't get rid of anybody.

Maybe it would not bother me so much if I did not work and had the house to myself for a few sacred hours during the day, but I do work full-time.

I just want the house to myself for a few days. It would be so peaceful and blissful. I could actually get something done instead of tripping over bodies and constantly picking up and cooking for everybody.

Some wives bitch because their husbands travel. I am envious. At least they can get the remote for a night or two. Maybe I'm just too independent.

1 comment:

CG said...

I am so grateful for the few hours a week i get the house to myself. You have my sympathies!