Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year

Even those as cynical as I really do have friends. I ran into two old friends this afternoon running errands -- one I have not seen in a couple of years, and one I have not seen in about a year. It was so wonderful to bump into them unexpectedly. It made me glad I had actually applied make-up and put on deoderant prior to leaving the house;)

Seriously, when I asked my old friends what their plans were for the New Year's evening both replied that they were renting movies and just hanging out with their family. I thought that was great.

I guess New Year's has turned into Christmas really should be about. Isn't just being with your family what it's really all about? No material expectations, no hype, no nothing. Maybe a few hollers at midnight, but that's about it. New Year's is just hangin' and enjoying each other's company.....

2 comments:

CG said...

Well, you are MY friend and for that I'm eternally grateful. Even minus deordourant and make-up you are very special. As for cynical...wouldn't have you any other way!!

Anonymous said...

From one healthy cynic to another girlfriend ~ think it might have something to do with the lack of "marketing" ability for New Years? I mean even the obnoxious establishment seems to find it hard to come up with effective and non-insulting marketing gimmicks for the occasion. What are they gonna do "Hey you ~ buy all new stuff in honor of the New Year because your taste LAST year really sucked!"

Or ... well ... you get my drift :)

Cynics of the world unite; we're all doomed anyway so we might as well go down holding hands!