Sunday, January 6, 2008

From Anger to Laughter

One thing about this blog is that it allows me to vent off useless anger that sucks up my energy. There was an instance today at my health club that even a few days ago would have had me steaming mad. Instead, I was on the verge of laughter.

There is a strict 'no cell phone' policy at my health club (thank goddesses). Just a few short days ago I vented about how annoying I thought cell phones were and how I pretty much want to cram them into dark crevices of the human body when they constantly ring.

When I arrived at the health club today and entered the locker room, there was a woman yakking away on her cell phone as loudly as she could possibly speak despite the large, ominous "NO CELL PHONES" sign posted right in front of her face. Another woman who I recognized as a regular at the club caught my obviously annoyed vibe directed at the cell phone user. We made eye contact and had an instant understanding that some people just don't GET IT and the suppression of laughter from both of us was difficult. The cell phone user was completely oblivious and was blathering loudly on and on about NOTHING.

1 comment:

CG said...

At our health club, in the showers, there were large signs saying "NO OUTDOOR FOOTWEAR IN SHOWER AREA" Clear enough you'd think. Every week I'd stand in the shower while mums in outdoor shoes helped their kids shampoo. You see, the sign didn't apply to them! Signs like that always apply to OTHER people!!