Sunday, April 3, 2016

Scary Landing - Oakland Airport

They tell me that landing is the most dangerous part of a flight.  I believe that to be true, and my experience landing at the Oakland Airport has solidified that belief.  Please excuse me while I change my underwear as I, along with everybody else on the flight, shat our pants.

There was a horrific cross wind upon landing and air traffic control had our plane land on a runway that was not intended to accommodate a commercial jet, but for smaller private jets.  We landed HARD, we tilted, rocked back and forth, bounced around , and the right wing just about hit the ground and tore off.  We ran out of runway space and had to back up and turn around to get to the terminal.

People were crying and screaming.  I looked out the window and saw the rows and rows of emergency vehicles.  There were rows of  fire trucks and ambulances all lit up with their lights flashing and fully manned like they were ready to pounce as they were obviously expecting something *really* bad about to go down.



No comments: