Friday, April 29, 2016

Europe Trip

I just received my preliminary itinerary for Europe this summer.  It's been kind of morphing for some time now and it may continue to morph, but I'm excited about the set up. 

Flights?  First class
Accommodations?  Luxury

The cherry on top is fireworks in Paris on Bastille Day.  However, I've been assigned to be on the River Seine on a dinner cruise with window seating (to see the fireworks, of course) for the evening as mixing with the crowds on the streets may be a little dangerous given the political climate.  There will be LOTS of eyes open that day - surveillance will be tight - but nothing these days is fool proof as there are plenty of fools out there who would love to ruin Bastille Day and gloat in the irony of it. 

Finally.  Years of hard work is paying off.  No more flying crammed in coach and staying in crappy hotels.  I can fly crammed in coach and stay in crappy hotels perfectly fine on my own personal dime;)



No comments: