Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Dance Class and Food

I have never had anybody applaud my entering a room before until last week at dance class.  See, I have my usual 'spot' on the floor and I've been a regular for some time now.  Why do I dance?  Because it makes me happy.  That's it.  There is no other reason.  Within the last month I have been told that I glow and that I'm light on my feet.  Light?  Me???  LOL.  This past week dance class was completely PACKED with newbies and young ones at that.  Where did they stand?  Behind me because I knew the choreography.  Nothing gets me higher than a jammed dance studio floor with the synchronicity of everybody's energy movin' and groovin' to the sounds of uplifting music.

Why did they applaud when I entered the room?  Because I was late.  They were hoping I would be there to guide them through the choreography and did not think I would show up.  Lame...but it made me smile nonetheless.

Which now brings me to food.  My passion for cooking is taking me now to competitions in Sonoma County that are pretty large scale.  I'm not out to win any awards this year, but I'm getting the lay of the land by volunteering my help for events.  I'm *really* good at organizing...it's an anal German trait, but whatever.  Plus, I have met some fun people in the process who love cooking and food as much as I do.

Dance and food.  What else is there?  MUSIC.  Which reminds me....my flute is feeling ignored these days.


No comments: