Monday, November 17, 2014

The Apple and the Tree

Remember the old saying 'the apple does not fall far from the tree'? Sure you do. Do you believe it? Sure I do. When my sister was getting married to her first husband, there was the mandatory couples counseling prior to the marriage. Catholic priest leading the sessions told my sister to take a hard, long look at Beloved's father, as that is what he will turn into. The same for Beloved, that my sister will eventually turn into her mother. Talk about free advice that went in one ear and out the other. At the time of this wise Catholic counseling Beloved's father, Bud, was living with my sister and Beloved in their townhouse in Fremont. Bud could not hold a job, never had any money, and liked to sit around the house all day drinking pots of coffee, watch TV, and leaving dirty dishes for my sister to clean up. "Oh NOOOOOOOOOO!!! Beloved will NEVER turn into his father," my sister exclaimed to Catholic Priest. Beloved has too much ambition and sense! Beloved is almost through his training to become an air traffic controller at the Oakland Airport. He's NOTHING like Bud!!!! Well, as it turns out Catholic Priest was right. It took less than 5 years of marriage for the apple to fall in a direct, perpendicular decent from the tree. Beloved took to the addiction and high of meth. Beloved lost his job at the Oakland Airport and is now living with HIS son dealing meth -- sans teeth. Now, about my sister turning into my mother. That's fodder for a subsequent blog. Being we both share the same mother it scares the living you-know-what out of me. Seriously.

No comments: