Saturday, November 29, 2014

Facebook: Dead and Still Posting

Facebook has been around for about a decade now.  Lots happens in ten years.  What started out as the perpetual, braggie Christmas card has now had to deal with evolving ettiqette in subject matters of death, illness, etc.

I have a love/hate relationship with technology and its applications, such as Facebook.  On the plus side I'm able to keep in touch with a lot of people.  On the down side I'm able to keep in touch with a lot of people.

Here's where it gets weird for me.  My California best friend's mom died suddenly this week.  Of course, she was my "freind" on Facebook.  Now my Facebook notifications are dinging constantly with people "posting" on mom's wall -- like she can read it!

The other weird thing is that I have had other Facebook "freinds" die and yet they are still able to post and comment on my wall.  Sorry, but it's just weird to read a post on my wall knowing the person died three years ago.

I know I'm sensitive and pick up on vibes of the unseen, but I highly doubt that Facebook is being used as a medium to communicate from beyond the grave.

No comments: