Friday, November 21, 2014

Car-ma

Car-ma.  I can't make this stuff up.  I'm so stunned that people can't see their own life lessons.  Life has a way of handing back your own shit over and over again until you get it right.  Sometimes it takes more than one lifetime until you, as a soul in progress, finally gets it and can progress to the next level of divine consciousness.  Are you open and aware?  My guess is no.  Most people are wandering blind, closed, and confused on this plane.

In some religions it's known as car-ma.  I know it's really karma, but in this instance it's car-ma.  You'll see why in a minute.

I have a freind who has two children.  The older one is in college out of state against the child's will.  My friend was adament that her kids go to a 4 year college right out of high school....and far away, for that matter.  There was a teary protest from Daughter when it was time to pack her bags and head off to school in Colorado.  She loved her life in Sonoma County and was not quite ready to head off.  No matter.  Mom said she was going.  That was that.

My friend's other child has vision issues and there has been a constant battle with the DMV in kid #2 getting his driver's license.  Mom is fighting the DMV tooth and nail because she believes Sonny has a god-given right to get his license -- although he's legally blind.

The driver's license issue was one where my friend and I butted heads.  Big time.  My friend was griping on the DMV rules and why they were making it so hard for 16 year-old Sonny to get his license.  She spent countless hours trying to fight the rules and regulations at the DMV as she believed them obtacles in place to personally make it hard for Sonny to drive.

I spoke up and said, "Driving is a privelege, not a right.  The rules are there for everybody's safety."

Well, Friend just about tore my head off.  How DARE I advocate for people having decent vision in order to DRIVE A CAR!!!!  We got into a heated debate about drivers and safety of others.  She is a strong-willed person, but so am I if pushed.

Fast forward 6 months.

On Halloween night we received a tragic phone call.  My friend's daughter was hit by a car in Colorado and thrown 30 feet.  She landed on her head and has multiple skull fractures.  Recovery will be slow and will require several months of hospital/rehab.  All my friend's daughter wants to do is to COME HOME (she never wanted to go away that far in the first place).  Of course, because of her delicate physical state, she can't be transported.  My friend and her husband are now on a tag-team taking leave from their jobs flying back and forth from San Francisco to Denver to be bedside with
Daughter while she makes her recovery.

Who was the driver who hit their Daughter?  A young man who "did not see" her.

If that's not car-ma, I don't know what is.





No comments: