Sunday, July 21, 2013

Paying for College

Paying for college is the buzz topic as I fall into that parent category.  My social circle is economically diverse.  I have friends with tons of money, and I also have friends watching every dime. 

Interestingly enough, I have one friend who happens to be quite comfortable financially.  Sure, her finances are strong, but she's no hot-shot, flashy ka-bilionaire.  She does not pretend to be.  She's worked her butt off for what she has.  Nobody handed her anything.

Her son now wants to attend Money University.  Her son has no clue what he wants to major in, nor has any clear career goals. 

This is where my friend cuts to the chase.  She tells her son, "Why should I keep working until I'm 95 and sacrifice retirement so YOU can have fun and party?"

No comments: