Friday, July 5, 2013

Bird Song

Ahhhhhh..  the dust is beginning to settle and there is a certain calm taking form now that summer is in full swing.  In retrospect, I probably should have been a farmer's wife.  I'm completely content canning, making jams and jellies, cooking, shoveling pig shit, etc.  I should not have strayed so far from my roots.  The way things are going, my daughter will end up where I started but that is a story for another day.

The silence and solitude of early mornings as of late has me lying alone in bed listening to the birds.  Believe it or not, I'm getting to know their songs and their favorite tree branches.  My favorite is the pair of owls that nest in a nearby palm tree.  One owl stays near the nest.  The other owl flies off a bit.  This morning the one owl was in my backyard.  They call and answer each other like lovers across the canyon. 

No comments: