Monday, July 22, 2013

Karma's Assistant

The other evening I was hanging out at a friend's house chatting and drinking wine.  This friend knows me for better and for worse.  Our conversation meandered around our usual topics.  I had just finished my story of the week when my friend set down her wine glass, looked me squarely in the eye and said, "Do you think your role in this incarnation is being Karma's assistant?"

I never thought about that.

She went onto say that for some unexplained reason I end up in situations where I'm involved in somebody elses MAJOR f**** ups and they have nobody to blame but themselves as much as they try otherwise.  I'm usually around for the aftermath as well to serve as a reminder of the lesson the universe presented. 

Now, just how to I put Karma's assistant on my resume? 

No comments: