Thursday, July 18, 2013

Is No Place Sacred?

I've been kind of in a funk lately.  What do I do when I'm feeling blue?  I go to dance class.  I'm so at peace there and I'm developing another social circle.  Just like any class, there are the regulars and the ones who show up.  For myself, dancing is therapeutic.  Granted, I'll never dance professionally as I'm way past my prime for that, but I do it for sheer enjoyment as does just about everybody else in the class.

Yes, Quiet Rage has a happy place.....  believe it or not.

Lately, there has been a guy in class.  I would guess him to be in his mid to late 60's.  This guy has about as much coordination as someone experiencing an epileptic seizure.  He looks totally lost and out of place.  It's not that we're all such awesome dancers.  We're not.  However, we can put one foot in front of the other without tripping and falling.  At first, I thought this guy had a crush on the one of the other women in the class.  hmmmmmmmm

Again, my intuition started talking to me.  My inner gut told me that this guy had some sort of agenda.  It finally came out.

After making acquaintance with the flock of females in class, he hijacked the instructor's microphone to make an "announcement"  at the end of class.  He was hocking his books.  He stood in front of the door to discourage escape.  I listened long enough to realize his plugs were bullshit.  He referenced famous people who supposedly cherish his book(s).  He was careful enough to invent scenarios about the famous people that could not be verified one way or the other.  What is so sad to me is that the subject matter was based in spirituality.  His whole agenda was to worm his was into this group of women, who are more open to spirituality, to sell his books. 

Can't I at least go to dance class without something commercial being crammed down my throat?  I'm so sad that spirituality has turned into nothing more than used car sales. 






No comments: