Thursday, May 23, 2013

On Life Milestones: Next?

The past 25 years have been devoted to my kids.  Damn, that's a quarter century.  People who have been convicted of murder have had prison sentences less than that. 

Things are about to shift.  If I think about it too much I will cry.  It's all becoming a reality.  The out-of-state relatives are arriving, final ceremonial touches are being completed, etc. 

Now what?  I thought I would be arranging babysitting, changing diapers, and wrestling with car seats and strollers for all eternity -- not to mention driving on just about every school field trip, making food for class parties, etc. 

I've poured so much of my energy into the kids......  I guess I can finally learn that foreign language, upgrade my computer skills, and pursue other interests that have been on the back burner for 25+ years.  That's the positive side of having kids when young.  I still have a lot of time to enjoy traveling and such.  My career is solid, finances are solid, and health is solid.  Granted, it could all change on a dime as we never know what life holds for us, but all in all it's pretty darn good. 

No comments: