Tuesday, May 21, 2013

May 21: My Favorite Day

I know it's not an official holiday, but May 21 is my favorite day.  It always has been since I was a kid.  Why?  Because spring was in full-force, school was almost out, and I could wear the fun spring clothes that had been hiding in the back of my closet all winter. 

I loved the smell of the blooms, loved getting a tan, LOVED the outdoor kegger parties down by the Mississippi River. 

It is also my birthday -- kind of.  Back before legal drinking age I borrowed SSP's sister's ID to get into bars and to buy liquor.  Her birthday?  May 21.  Don't think I did not have her name, address, birthday, drivers license number, etc., all memorized.  I needed to pass the quiz if questioned by the bouncer. 

Fun memories....  LOVE YA SSP and NS!!!!!

No comments: