Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Organic Pet Food

Organic Pet Food:  You have got to be f****** kidding me.  Not so very long ago I was chastised by my in-laws and my vet for feeding my pets road kill and table scraps.  My sister-in-law took great pleasure in gloating on how she paid top dollar for her dogs' Science Diet pet food purchased directly from the vet, and how I was an inferior pet owner for not foolishly spending money on chemical waste feed for Fido.  Sister-in-law thinks she's pampering her pooches when in actuality she's killing them.  

Science Diet.  Humph.  Just as the name implies.  Read the label.  It's a science experiment full of chemicals you can't pronounce.  You're full of shit if you read the label and can tell me exactly what each chemical is, its source, and its function without becoming a chemist in the process.  Here's a hint to you all -- CHINA.

Anyway, things are coming full circle as now being a hick farmer is en vogue.  Yuppies who have never shoveled shit in their lives are now praising the glories of "organic" goods.  This has now surfaced in the area of pet food.  "Organic, natural" dog food is all the rage.  Yuppies think it's great if it can be purchased in clean, neat packaging in a high-end store and pay tons of money for it. 

These same Yuppie morons cry "animal cruelty" if discovered that another animal died at a slaughter facility to provide their organic food for their obnoxious mutt.  News to Yuppie dog owners.  Dogs are carnivors. 

Which brings me back to.......... road kill and table scraps. 




No comments: