Monday, December 5, 2011

Mortgage Craziness

True story.  I know of people (not personal friends of mine, I might add) who are getting PAID by the bank not to trash their house before it gets foreclosed on.

What?  Has the entire world gone nuts?  I guess so.  The people I'm talking about bought a luxury home and the woman drives around in a fancy European sports car.  No shit.  Not only do they skip out on their mortgage, live somewhere without making a payment for a year and a half, but get a BONUS for not trashing the place prior to moving out. 

I'd have lots of money for Christmas gifts, too, if I could live somewhere payment-free and then got bonus money to move out without being a complete pig.  The people walk away from their mortgage and get paid.  The bank takes a loss and then cries to taxpayers for a bailout.  I really am stupid for being honest and trying. 

No comments: