Sunday, January 31, 2010

Unfair Target: Obama

Back about a year ago I correctly predicted that our obsession with Obama's intoxicating promise of sweeping change would quickly turn to public disdain as there was no way in hell he could change everything in 12 months of presidency.

I hate to brag, but I am right (again).

Again, and I hate to state the obvious, our problems are too complex for one man to tackle. If you're looking for Superman to bail us out of this giant mess we are in, you'll be waiting a long, long time. We are responsible for this mess.

Again, and I hate to state the obvious, it matters not who occupies the White House. However, that does not allow you to throw up your hands and walk away blaming the government "bastards" who fuck us over daily.

Again, and I hate to state the obvious, we are responsible for who sits in the House and the Senate (where the real power is at -- the president is nothing more than a national mouthpiece). They are there because WE VOTED FOR THEM. So, get over who puts out the glossiest brochures, most tv face time, slickest speeches, and has the best haircut (Edwards). I dare you to dig deep and get the the issues. AND watch who is bankrolling our politicians. Again, and I hate to state the obvious, that is a perfect predictor as to how policy is formulated.

'Nuff said. Wake up people. We have a shitty government because *we* have allowed it, as we are too busy watching QVC and NASCAR. Call me what you will, but the way I see it Americans deserve their decline in world and economic power because we are just stupid, fat, and lazy with no intention of THINKING or bettering ourselves... the rest of the world is not and is beating us at our own game. Again, I hate to state the obvious.......

No comments: