Sunday, January 17, 2010

Uncle Buzz Reads the Qur'an

None of you know my Uncle Buzz, so here is how I can summarize him in very few words: Marine Corps, ex-prison guard, Republican, Sarah Palin lover, and cowboy.

Oh, and did I mention he's a white, anglo-saxton, protestant????? I'm thinking you've already figured that one out;)

Yee-HAW!!!!!! Giddee-UP! Let Uncle Buzz loose in the middle east and he will RID us all of the terrible towel-heads who are threatening our American way of life. One bomb does it all. Just let him push the damn button.

This is what I love about Uncle Buzz: He will totally come off the wall at you with the most random, over-the-top things. Does this make him slightly touched in the head, or is he just an unrealized genius? I don't know, but I love the loose canon aspect of him.

Now this is something I did not expect from Uncle Buzz. Ready? Here goes -- Uncle Buzz has decided to read the Qur'an. Why? Because he wants to know what it's about. I do have to give the man credit for actually picking it up and reading it and not relying on somebody else's version as to what it's about. He's actually READING it for HIMSELF! WOW!!!! Others in his political camp are still arguing if men lived with dinosaurs and if the world is flat.

Now Uncle Buzz can't wait for the Jehovah's and other religious groups to ring his doorbell so he can debate the different aspects of the Qur'an to the Bible. It cracks me up because given the geographical location where Uncle Buzz lives, I doubt if any of them even KNOW what the Qur'an is let alone have studied any portion of it. The most ironic part is that the Qur'an and Bible discussion/comparison is coming from a white male, all American, retired Marine Corp with extremely conservative beliefs and not some towel-headed, new-comer freak as would be expected in them there parts..

I can just see the stunned, deer-in-the-headlights responses Uncle Buzz gets. I'd pay money to see it.

1 comment:

Flywriter said...

Love this :-) And kind of on the subject in a way ... must read: "3 Cups of Tea" about Greg Mortenson and his amazing journey to build girls schools in Pakistan and Afghanistan. Inspiring on more levels than I can tell you. EXCELLENT read.

And you're welcome for the blog material. I just wish the source & reason for it ~ would figure out what's truth and/or just be quiet. Toxic, him and his ilk.