Sunday, January 3, 2010

Channel 7 News

Tonight I watched television news. It's not a regular habit of mine, but my husband and I had just finished watching the movie 'The Hangover' and thought we'd balance it out with something a bit cerebral.

Boy... were we wrong.

The first story featured an unemployed computer geek with 5 kids and the 6th one due shortly. They live in a $1.3 million dollar home, and of course, they are facing foreclosure. The violins are playing....

Do you think the fat cow of a wife could keep her legs crossed and get a *#@!$& job? Of course not. They are now begging for money and the computer geek has set up his own begging account on pay pal. Personally, I will make a contribution to their fund -- condems and birth control pills.

The second story featured a slime-ball televangelist who managed to raise an ungodly sum of money for some sham church by making prey of the stupid and the gullible. There this slime ball was -- in front of a crowd of faithful believers -- that HE was the one to put them through to the LORD for only $39.99 per month!!!!!

I guess I learned two things from watching network news:

1. Reproduce like rabbits, live in a million dollar home, lose my job, and get major media attention for my personal, pathetic fundraiser;

2. I really need to found a religion.

1 comment:

CG said...

Happy New Year!
Here large families existing entirely on state benefits abound. Their homes always include leather sofas and huge flat screen tvs...