Monday, May 23, 2022

The Wedding Shower

 Today was my daughter's wedding shower.  It was a very lovely affair that had a 'pretty in pink' theme.  My daughter's future mother-in-law outdid herself in putting together something so memorable.  It was very lady like and something the royals would have been proud of as the event was very dignified.  No, I was not whooping and hollering sucking on a can of beer with my bare feet while sitting on a a hay bale with a corn cob pipe in my mouth donning overalls a plaid shirt and a straw hat.  LOL

My daughter is having the wedding I never had and I'm so glad we can give it to her.  My own wedding was in Reno 35 years ago.  When we were asked if we wanted to spend $25 for a video of the wedding we declined as we did not have the $25 to spare.  Oh well.  We have pictures of us next to the velvet Elvis at the entrance to the Chapel of Love Drive Thru Weddings.  

I'm being a bit cheeky about my tacky Reno wedding - kind of.  

Now, back to 2022 and the wedding shower of today. 

It was something I will never forget watching my baby girl and her soon-to-be husband opening their gifts together.  My future son-in-law was a true sport by showing up in a pink Hawaiian shirt AND endured so much of the chick stuff with a smile on his face.  

It was a good day.  All the pre-wedding festivities are now over.  Next stop is the wedding.  Hold on and stay seated until the ride comes to a complete stop. 

No comments: