Thursday, May 26, 2022

Nostalgia

 I'm feeling nostalgic as I'm freaking out about how quickly my life is passing.  It seems just yesterday that I was a teenager in the 1980's and anybody over the age of 25 was soooooooooo old and not with it.  What is pressing my emotions even more is that my baby is getting married.  It truly seems like yesterday that I was pregnant with her.  People always told me how quickly life passes.  They are right.  

Yes, it's a recurring theme in this blog as of late - my baby getting married.  However, I'm not forcing anybody to read this blog.  I don't even advertise it anywhere.  If you're here it's because you stumbled on it accidentally.  If you don't like it - leave.  I don't even allow for comments as I don't care what you think.  This blog is my cheap therapy where I process emotions.  

Now that I have my snarky menopausal comments out of the way, I'll go back to humor.  

Another thing that is freaking me out is how media stars from the 1980's are now AARP members.  Take Judge Reinhold and Sean Penn for example.  Here's a clip from my high school anthem, Fast Times at Ridgemont High.  Now, both actors are senior citizens.  WTF happened?  Time.  That's what happened.  It waits for nobody.  If the gods are gracious we grow old.  


 




No comments: