Saturday, September 26, 2020

Bad Dancer: Yoko Ono

I'm an avid Beatles fan.  I've been in love with Paul McCartney since I was 14.  Well, I guess I was in love with all of them as much as a 14 year old girl could be.  Sigh.  

There was a time when I was secretly insanely jealous of any woman who held the heart of a Beatle.  WHY NOT ME????  Well, first there would have to be an actual face-to-face meeting and by the time I was old enough they were all married.  

There was also a time when I believed the evil Beatle women were the ones who broke up the band.  My take is that the band got together when they were still teenagers and spent a lot of time together.  It's only natural that as a man gets into his mid to late twenties life moves to another stage - marriage and kids - and life gets very complicated.  

Gone are my jealousy of Linda McCartney (God rest her soul) and Yoko Ono.   In fact, the older I get the more I appreciate Yoko Ono.  I can see why John loved her.  Here she is with "Bad Dancer."  It makes me appreciate her originality every time I see it.  



No comments: