Thursday, August 11, 2016

On the Sevens: Cycle of 7 and Transitions

Everything tends to cycle on the sevens.  Humans shed all cells within a seven year cycle.  You are not the same person (literally - all your cells have renewed) every seven years.  Human milestones and rites of passage tend to hit on the sevens (birth, childhood - age 7, puberty - age 14, marriage - age 21, giving birth - age 28, etc.,)  Economies tend to cycle every seven years.  Human relationships and infatuations with media stars tend to last about 7 years (Seven Year Itch). 

My point in all of this is that everybody goes through a major life transition about every seven years whether it's out there for the world to see or it's more of an internal shifting. 

In my household at this very moment myself, my son, and my daughter are all on the seven cycle to the point where it's almost cliche as it's happening *right* on the 7 year mark.  We are all in transition at different stages of life.  I'm 49, my son 28, and my daughter 21. 

Imagine all the energy of transition swirling about around here.  All three of us are readying ourselves for what's next - and anxious as we're not really certain what that's going to look like.  All three of of us are undertaking MAJOR life changes that include moving, career changes, relationship changes, you-name-it changes.  We are all scared.  We are all excited. 

I have a very spiritual bond with my kids that I know originated from something much larger than ourselves.  Right now the three of us are energetically in a huddle, arms around each other, contemplating our next 'play' and knowing we are there to support each other. 

No comments: