Sunday, August 16, 2015

Cash Offers

Oh NO!!!!!  It's starting.  The cash offers from people wanting to buy my house are starting to arrive from both real estate agents and individual offers.  The solicitors are generally techie-types or "earthers" who love:  the location (city sewer and water, but still a country setting, and walking distance to downtown), large lot size, renovations done (permit pulls from the building department are public), floor plan, proximity to the neoNazi incubator run by the Bored Moms on Prozac (a.k.a. schools), and the fact that it's not a McMansion but a smartly thought-out design with low-maintenance. 

I have to admit the prospective buyers have done their homework.  Some of them have admitted making several drive by's.  I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be flattered or creeped out.  My house is being stalked.  It's like vultures circling waiting for my life circumstances to change due to death, divorce, disability, or whatever. 

Be careful what you wish for.  A few years back I suspected that McMansions were out of style as they are now viewed as nothing but a waste of resources for selfish and pretentious people.  Liken it to driving around a Hummer polluting.  It's soooooooooo not "in"  

Well, I had the fore sight to see it all coming and luckily made a home purchase long ago based on that despite the Bored Moms on Prozac who live up the hill thinking I was not flashy enough for their club that obsessed about material trappings and accumulating bright, shiny objects. 

I never fit into that "club" anyway....thank goddesses.


No comments: