Sunday, June 15, 2014

Freaking Out Park Rangers

Quiet Rage is on a some-what vacation far from home.   Today I visited a state park on a whim.  There were tons of other tourists as well as this spot is pretty well known and frequented by people from around the world.  I keep on managing to freak people out without even trying.  Here is today's episode visiting a popular state park.

We park the car.  We all pile out and head our way down the trail to the water.  It's about a 1/2 mile walk from the parking lot to water.  While walking on the trail the hair on my arms stood up and I did not know why.  I noticed piles of rocks on either side of me and did not have a clue why they were there.  I immediately knew this spot was of major significance as the energy was that strong.

Anyway, on the walk back I decided to stop in at the park ranger's office to inquire about the history of the place. There were two park rangers who greeted me upon my entry.  I meekly asked what the history of the place was and the significance of the piles of rocks.  I told them I thought the place had some sort of historical significance and was curious as I "felt" it.  I was directed to study the standard wall posters in historical sequence from ancient times to present.  While I was standing at the wall reading about the history I could hear the park rangers speaking in hushed tones that "she knows" like they were trying to figure out how much information they should really give me besides the standard tourist brochure.  I decided to save them the trouble.

I just blurted out that the place was a sacred place to the ancients and how where the fresh water met the sea was the primo spot for a village that thrived for centuries.  It was not without its sadness and sacrafices.  Some of the souls of this village never left.  They are still hanging around stuck.  The soul of a strong male figure still lingers.  He is kind of pissed off that the site of his "village" is now treated like so flippantly like Disneyland.  Don't these clueless tourists know anything?

Anyway, as I was leaving the park rangers office the woman park ranger ran after me.  She stopped me at the exit and said, "Hardly anybody ever notices what you notice.  Mahalo and Aloha."

No comments: