Sunday, June 29, 2014

Do I Warn Her?

I've been associating with the same guys for almost 30 years.  I've come to know this crew for better and for worse and know the details on their personal lives.  I've been friends with their wives, girlfriends, mistresses, etc., and I have seen many ladies come and go through many of their relationships.  Some of the relationships these men were having with these ladies were running parallel with each other.  I vowed NEVER to be the one to slip such information to the other woman. 

It's hard for me to become "friends" with these ladies as usually the man tires of her, dumps her, and pursues a younger, prettier version to put on his arm to parade around.  I've seen it happen countless times.  These guys discard women like cars and always want the newest model.  They ride inside of them for a bit and do a trade in.

Which brings me to last night.  The latest lady of one of these guys is actually very nice.  She has all the visual trappings that guys lust after -- even if they're surgically inserted and proportioned.  I did not expect her to hold a conversation that was deeper than her cleavage, but she did.  I liked her in spite of myself. 

I know the history of her guy.  She thinks she's in love, and I think he is as well and the infatuation is reciprocal.....for the next 8 to 24 months, anyway.  I've seen this guy go through countless relationships and marriages.  He comes across all sweet and attentive, but I know his flaws probably all too well.  I see a disaster heading her way along with a broken heart and a drained bank account. 

Do I warn her???????? 

No comments: