Monday, October 10, 2011

Even MORE Facebook Annoyances that Piss Me Off

My finger is hovering over the "delete my account" option as I type this.  Yes, my finger is hovering and shaking.  Should I do it?  Should I delete my facebook account?  The mixed emotions swirl around in my head.  I have to admit, I have had damn good laughs in reading some posts.  Most of the time I need a barf bowl handy as the sap is just too thick to choke down.  More shit that pisses me off about Facebook:
1.  Dump your bumper sticker, feel-good philosphical posts like "On This Day God wants You to Know" God will most certainly not proliferate His word via a crappy, cheesy medium like Facebook --and who crowned YOU as the wise, ordained messenger, anyway?  I'd rather tune into 'Deep Thoughts - by Jack Handy;

2.  Don't tell me how darling, special and how much I am loved -- everybody says that to each other on Facebook.  Means nothing;

3.  If I wanted to read the comics, I would have read the comics.  Don't repost cute-sy comics (unless they are your original).  Constant, unsolicited jokes were the death of email.  The same fate awaits Facebook;

4.  Get off your political soap box.  Everybody posts a political jab now and then, but the hard core political fanatics give me a head ache.  It's like being harassed 24/7 by Jehovah Witnesses. 

5.  I don't give a fuck what you had for dinner.  No need to post pics of your culinary creations. 

6.  Stop that annoying "I'm cleaning up my Facebook friends.  Click 'yes' or 'no' if you want to remain my friend.  So, now you have to send a mass, unpersonalized message asking if I want to remain your friend or not.  Wow... makes people feel like they are nothing more than memory dust balls that have collected under the bed and we need to be 'cleaned up'.  We've been there for a while and not causing disruption, but now we need to be eliminated.  Go ahead FUCK YOU and DELETE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

nosinbin4me said...

Yay, this pretty much sums it up. I need no "sanctimonious bag of wind" telling me that I should smile and compliment everyone I see on this day. I care nothing about the cuisine someone had for dinner. My political beliefs are my own--I wasn't born yesterday and can figure it out for myself. And if I hear one more time....Goodnight FB folks I'm going to give my pillow some head and my blankets some ass, I'm going to puke.