Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Summer Evening



The long summer days segway into gorgeous evenings. As evening was approaching, I went outside to water some plants and I was silently reflecting on all of the beauty all around this time of year, and usually take for granted. My roses are in full bloom, and the garden is producing an abundance of fresh vegetables. The humming birds were buzzing, and the finches were chirping. There was a very gentle breeze that seemed to whisper to me, "Enjoy your life and take in all the beauty around you."

As I was finishing watering the plants, I was getting ready to go on the evening walk with my daughter and my dog. The phone rang. It was my mother telling me that my Uncle Jim had just died.

1 comment:

CG said...

Oh, I am so sorry to hear of your loss!!