Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Jonas Brothers or Beatles



Familiar mop-top hairdos, girls screaming and running after them, and similar scenarios in their videos makes me think this is Disney's lame attempt to relive the Fab Four via the Jonas Brothers. Granted, there are only three of them in the current Jonas Brothers band, but the rip-off is blatant.

If you don't believe me, watch a few of the Jonas Brothers videos and see the similarities in the dress and even the snowball fight (HELP!) that was replicated from the *original* fab four. One of the Jonas brothers tries awfully hard to look like George Harrison in a grey suit and wispy, long-ish hair. I guess today's music is so shitty, they have to reach for stuff 45 years old and revive it. What an insult to the Beatles who were true originals and not trying to live out and cash out on their parents' failed dream at stardom for themselves and to commercialize the hell out of themselves.

Does Disney think we're so fucking stupid and forgetful that we can't see what they're doing by their recycling of ideas? If imitation is the truest form of flattery, my apologies to the Beatles. Let's see..... Jonas Brothers: Subsidiary of Brain-Dead Disney Marketing Machine,
OR
the Beatles who are true artists, thinkers, and social reformers.... hmmmmmm

4 comments:

Dianne said...

I hadn't noticed it only because I try very very hard to keep my ears from bleeding!

I guess if the kids like it and it makes them happy ...

My niece did mention that she prefers "real music" and that made me feel hopeful for the next generation

and just wait until one of these poor brothers wants to have an original thought or reach to be an artist

Disney will do what it does best - squash him like a bug.

Observer said...

Oh Dianne,
I so try not to notice, but I allow my daughter to watch whatever is on television, and I point out *why* what she is watching is complete shit and not to be fooled by what our mindless media is spoon feeding the public.

Anonymous said...

You are absolutely right,

But the thing is that The Beatles (early in their career) were a boy band. Aimed at kids of that time


HOWEVER
The Beatles grew up to make some of the finest music that the world has ever seen.

Now, some may say; Well, Drew, couldn't the Jonas Brothers do the same?

No, because the Beatles actually played their own instruments and DID NOT have FIVE..... FIVE other people in their band. (INCLUDING LEAD GUITARIST)

Jenny said...

That is sooooo true they are trying to rip off the beatles...trying and failing!!!!!!!!