Sunday, June 22, 2008

Reduce Your Stress: But We Don't Really Mean It

Every bit of media these days is lecturing us high strung, overworked Americans on "How to Reduce Your Stress."
(yawn)

We've all heard the tired recommendations of "taking a bubble bath" and "taking yoga classes" and "taking several uninterrupted breaks during the day."

We're told that even corporate America is wise to "rejuvenating the soul" and touts the benefits of a refreshed workforce that is more productive, healthier, and happier.

What a load of crap. It's all lip service.

Every day the the American worker is asked to put ten pounds of shit into a five pound bucket -- and HURRY UP!

You tell me how to "take several uninterrupted breaks during the day" when your e-mail is overflowing, the inbox on your desk is overflowing, the phone is ringing, and a report is due by end of business, AND there are several personnel issues to content with in order to making the deal go through. No real vacation has been on the calendar for years, and when you finally do take a vacation, they're calling your cell phone bugging you.

"Take several uninterrupted breaks during the day" the corporate assholes tell us because they want us to be "happy" "productive" and "they care about our emotional well-being."

Sure. Right.

The minute somebody does, they're labeled as lazy and out the door they go.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello,

My name is Dave Frank and I'm a reporter at the Nevada Appeal in Carson City.

I'm working on an article about "Keep Tahoe Blue" stickers and have a few questions for you.

If you have the chance today (Tues) could you contact me at (775) 881-1212 or dfrank@nevadaappeal.com.

Thanks.

The Quiet Rage said...

Hello Mr. Frank,
While your contact information seems legit, I'm not exactly sure who you really are, or why you asked me for my name, age, and address.

Dear silly man, we don't know each other. Don't you know it's rude to ask a lady her age? Do you really think I'd divulge personal information over the internet? Besides, I like being anonymous. I am everybody and nobody.