Wednesday, August 23, 2023

The Republican Debate

 Tonight was the republican debate.  I love watching live debates.  This is really the only realm where we can actually get a glimpse of a candidate's real nature that is unfiltered by our biased media.  Granted, the questions are very generalized and specific answers are impossible, but a candidate's raw emotion and how they treat their fellow candidates is very telling.   We get Miss America answers from the candidates gushing their fake passion for an issue they think resonates with voters that says a lot but translates to nothing.  A huge turn-off for me is when candidates disrespect other candidates and moderators -  and ignore debate rules. 

The candidates can't hide behind every mask.

There is a lot I agree with republicans on, and there is a lot I disagree on.  I can't say I subscribe to any political party faithfully.  That is why politicians hate me.  I guess the feeling is mutual.  

I would by lying if I stated that I'm politically savvy.  I'm not.   Here are my kitchen-table discussions with others from all political perspectives.  Take them or leave them.  I do vote.  Here's the consensus across party lines where we all kind of agree to some degree.  LOL. 

Abortion:  Against abortion?  Don't have one.  That should automatically silence half the argument right there from those with testacles.  It does not.  Maybe we should be pro-vasectomy for all males at age 10 until proven that a sperm spreader can support both emotionally and financially their ill-timed ejaculations.  Silence from men.  I thought so.  Hey, all you men want to decide what happens in our uterus, we women get to decide your ability to father.  We women get to use our tool of choice on men to make sure unplanned fatherhood does not happen.  Men get NO say in the matter .  Fair is fair.   yeah.... I see you all now grasping your balls like they are some sort of sacred (scrotum) matter.  They are not.  Sperm is plentiful and everywhere.  Yours is not special.  

Fuuuuuuuuuck.  I can't believe this is even an issue in the 21st century.

Foreign Policy:   If you make a hard bed you have to lie in it.  That's what we have done on the global state.  Please, stop parading us around like we are saviors to the world for justice and freedom.  We are not.  We are mercenaries.  Quit trying to pretend otherwise.  The rest of the world is not fooled.

Economy:  Yes, inflation has taken a bite out of everybody's finances.  I'm not sure blaming any one source for the inflation is fair.  I'm not convinced the president has a lot of control over the economy as it is so complicated and intertwined on both the national and international level.  Here's one thing you can bet on with politicns....they all like to take credit when the economy it is good, and place blame when it is bed.  

All the republicans were bemoaning that the average American can't afford a home and keep up with inflation.  However, republicans want to gut unions and any other sort of organization that demands dignified working conditions, which are the back bone of our diminishing middle class.  

Huh?

Illegal Immigration:  Republicans (and also Marin limousine liberals) love illegal immigration.  Who else would clean their houses, paint their houses, mow their lawns, and nanny their children?  No matter what they say, republicans love slipping desperate immigrants who crossed the border illegally cash under the table to do their slave work.  Coastal Democrat Elites are especially guilty of this despite their cries for social justice for all.  

Global Warming:  I was somewhat shocked that a 38 year-old millennial would deny global warming. I think this is the most important issue we face.  


 


 



No comments: