Tuesday, August 29, 2023

The Dream of Dad Part III

The last few days as I've been puttering about the house in complete solitude, I've been talking to my deceased father.  There is no pomp and circumstance involved.  I'm making the bed, cleaning the kitchen, whatever, folding laundry, and talking to my deceased father.  I told him I would like to have a conversation with him and to please give me a sign.  I realize that we had a rocky relationship (read:  dysfunctional) at times, and he had his own dynamics to deal with during his lifetime with HIS mom and dad, and also with the marriage to my mother.   Dad's life was not ideal.  He tried to make the best of it.  Us kids were collateral damage in the process. 

It happened last night.  In my dream my father was standing in my kitchen near the bar stools.  I was coming in from the hall way towards the kitchen.  There was an entity to my left.  I don't know who/what it was and even if it had a human form.  All I heard the entity say was, "Now is your chance.  Go."

I walked up to my dad who was now standing in front of me in the kitchen.  I knew he was dying.  I went up to him and gave him a HUGE hug.  I told him I understood and that all was forgiven.   At that moment we both said to each other at the same time, "We did it!"

At that moment my father died while I was giving him a hug.  I knew we had made peace with each other. 


No comments: