Wednesday, January 27, 2021

It's like, you know, like, can you believe it???

 OK... guilty pleasure.  My daughter and I watch The Bachelor on Monday nights.  I have never seen the series before as I don't watch TV.  My daughter told me that I need to watch something totally brainless to disengage and relax as my job has been demanding and stressful lately.  Just because I can work from either home or the office does not mean that my duties have lessened.  My job is more demanding now than it was before the pandemic.   The only thing that is saving my @ss is not having to travel as that time-suck has been put on hold - hopefully indefinitely.  

Back to The Bachelor.  

It's a television series that features a nice looking man who dates 20 women at once hoping to find "the one."  Of course, the cat drama and infighting all add to the suspense of who survives the rose ceremony. Surviving the rose ceremony means that the guy has not cut the woman loose and those who receive a rose are still in the running.  The whole thing is humiliating and demoralizing from the get-go, but I guess if the contestants have to go on national television on what is basically a game show to win "a prize" to be with, well, what can I add to that?

All of the contestants (women) are in their 20's and here is what I've noticed.  None of them can complete a sentence without inserting the word filler "like" several times.  They also end the sentence in a voice pitch that makes it sound like everything is a question but it's not a question.  The best way I can describe it is bimbo talk.  Here's an example, "You know, Sarah, like, I noticed she, like, kissed Joe on the group date?????  Her lipstick is, like, on his collar???????  My guess is, like, she's, like, a whore???????"

You get the picture.

One of the contestants is a corporate attorney, and another one is a copywriter.  I would never hire either in a million years.   Do you, like, get why, like, I would never, like, hire them???????


No comments: