Monday, January 18, 2021

White Bird - It's a Beautiful Day

This song will forever remind me of one of my CA besties, KRR.  KRR grew up in Lompoc, which is a little town on California's central coast.  KRR and I have gone through MANY milestones together including our pregnancies.  We have gone though the good and bad, the ugly and the beautiful, the fun and the torture, and every emotion in between during our 30+ years of friendship.  You name it, we've experienced it.  Much of it is too personal to share and I would never want to betray her trust.  Let's just say that both of us have experienced less than desirable moments in our marriages, health, families, jobs, etc.  Our friendship has endured each of us being bee-atches with each other.  We know each other well enough to know that the sarcasm and anger will subside and that we each lost our cool, but underneath it all there is a strong friendship that has lasted and will continue to last.  It's going to take more than a disagreement with strong words to derail our bond.  

Here's to you, KRR.  It's been a rough year on you to say the least.   I look forward to being able to go to the county fairs again (Marin, Sonoma, SonaMarin) where we always manage to find "good trouble" with the bands playing.  In the meantime, until the virus is under control, we will continue to gather outside at my house around the fire pit with homemade pizza, music off Pandora, dancing, and of course WINE.  Never a dull moment with you, dear friend.  I know the below is one of your favorite songs and it will forever remind me of you.  It has beautiful lyrics.  I know you've seen the artist in person more than once and I know how happy it made you.  





No comments: