Saturday, January 2, 2021

Six Generations of Clan Whack-O

 How many of you out there know of six generations of a family?  I have the unique insight to my in-laws, a.k.a. Clan Whack-O, for six generations.  I knew the matriarch who was born in 1898.  I knew both of her daughters who were born in 1917 and 1919 respectively.  I know her daughter who was born in 1941 and is currently living.  I know her daughter who was born in 1967.  I know her daughter who was born 1993, and now her daughter who was born 2017.  

I've known six generations of women from the same family.

Watching the family dynamics flow from one generation to the next is both frightening, and yet also an honor.  I'm literally watching history repeat itself.  You all have inherited more than just genetics from your parents and grandparents.  You've inherited social customs, beliefs, and other patterns you are not even conscious of.  There really is ancestral karma and energy that gets passed down.  I'm witnessing the same parenting patterns play out to yet another generation who will then keep on passing it down to the next.  Is all of if good?  Of course not.  There is some really dysFUNctional stuff that has not been worked out yet.  The hope is that each generation gets it cleared out somewhat.  However, what gets cleared out gets replaced with some other karma.

There is no such thing as an easy life.  We will forever be working on some karma whether its of our own making or something inherited.



 


No comments: